What does the chamber do?
The Greater Danville Chamber of Commerce was established in 1991 to promote new business and commercial growth and retention and expansion of existing businesses. Today, the Chamber office staff work with the Town of Danville to promote new business, commercial growth and foster the retention and expansion of existing businesses.
- E-newsletters – twice per month, a high-quality newsletter is sent via email to hundreds of people informing them of everything from awards and accomplishments of our members, free seminars on pertinent health topics and special discounts.
- Ribbon Cuttings – a new business or location is a big deal and we like to help get the word out. Members can count on the chamber to promote their open house or ground breaking and be present with the big scissors to support them while they make the ceremonial slice.
- Advertising opportunities - member businesses may advertise on the chamber website, directory, event advertising and promotional materials at monthly meetings.
- Lunch meetings – our monthly membership meetings occur on the second Wednesday of every month and feature a hot, catered lunch and a speaker discussing a topic pertinent to businesses. Members value this great opportunity to network with others and meet new people.
- Members & Mugs – this laid-back coffee time is held the first and third Thursday mornings at the Bread Basket Café and Bakery in Danville. It’s a good way to connect in a smaller group.
- Business After Hours – several times per year, businesses will host a Business After Hours membership event which are in the evening and typically more of a party atmosphere.
- Small discussion groups – small round-table type meetings are an effective way to learn from other small business owners about challenges and victories. These are confidential and honest forums led by a facilitator.
Educational Seminars - Speakers, classes and seminars are periodically held on various subjects that help our member businesses operate smarter and more profitable.
- Farmer’s Market - on the Danville Town Square on Saturday mornings during season. Brings local vendors and shoppers together in a warm, friendly atmosphere.
- Symphony in Ellis Park - enjoy an evening under the stars to the music of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Annual Community Awards - Program to recognize individuals/businesses that make Danville a great place to live, work and play
- Winterland Holiday Light Show in Ellis Park - celebrate the holiday season with this drive through light display featuring hundreds of thousands of beautiful lights.